What does Factory Authorized Installation mean?
Norix Group specializes in intensive-use furniture for challenging environments. Due to the unique nature of the furniture, its assembly and installation, and the customers we serve – Norix has established its own installation group, to ensure the furniture is properly installed to Norix’ specifications by trained professionals.
What does a Factory Authorized Installation entail?
We offer a variety of services, based on the requirements of your project. These include:
- Coordination by a dedicated Project Manager at Norix Factory
- On-site project supervision by a trained Lead Supervisor
- Logistics, coordination and scheduling furniture delivery
- Meeting the delivery truck.
- Offloading, unpacking, staging and distributing furniture throughout your facility.
- Furniture layout per approved plan
- Un-installing, removal and disposal of old furniture (if necessary)
- Furniture assembly and installation labor by trained professional installers
- Securely anchoring furniture to the wall and/or floor.
- Provide secure, tamper-resistant hardware for bolt-down applications.
- Remove packaging material and haul away cartage.
- Clean up all staging, assembly, and work areas.
- Conducting a walk-through inspection with facility representative to obtain final sign-off.
- Furniture warranty is reinforced by Factory Authorized Installation
Doesn’t the product warranty apply if someone else does the installation?
Yes, providing the installation is done properly to manufacturer’s specification. Incorrect assembly -- or an improper installation that damages or alters the product -- voids the product warranty. This includes any product damage incurred while transporting, assembling or installing the product on-site. With a Factory Authorized Installation, Norix is responsible for the product during installation, reinforcing the Product Warranty
We have maintenance people here - can’t we do our own installation?
Yes you can. However, our customers often find they do not have the resources or technical expertise to properly complete the installation. Furniture you’ve selected may require one or more of these specialized installation procedures:
Why is it necessary for the installers to be insured?
- Providing adequate manpower to complete the installation in a timely manner.
- Conducting installation activities while residents are present.
- Transporting heavy furniture long distances (or up stairs).
- Assembling / installing furniture in a location that us “under construction”
- Drilling holes into concrete floors, block walls or plaster walls and anchoring the product securely.
- Identifying, obtaining and correctly using specialized anchoring hardware for your application, based on wall and floor construction (including tamper-resistant hardware and specialty caulks).
- Properly applying security caulk.
- Removing packaging materials and debris, and providing dumpsters (if necessary)
- Expert installation performed by trained, insured professionals.
Why is factory training so important? It’s just furniture.
- Our installers are factory trained and fully insured, with adequate coverage for General Liability and Workers Compensation.
- Allowing uninsured workers to operate in your facility may expose your organization to claims for damage or injury.
What is the cost of a Factory Authorized Installation as a percentage of the furniture price?
- Our Lead Supervisors and professional installers are skilled tradesmen, who have also completed intensive training programs on the installation of Norix furniture.
- Our associates are well schooled in the proper equipment, installation techniques and procedures to ensure the furniture is installed to Norix specifications.
- Companies that offer installation services for more traditional furnishings (office furniture, for example) will likely not have the expertise to perform specialized procedures like drilling into concrete, operating in a secure environment, assembling heavy KD furniture with tamper-resistant hardware, applying security caulk, etc. Struggling with these procedures onsite through inexperience can lead to damaged furniture and an improper installation.
Can I include the installation on the same Purchase Order as the furniture?
- The cost of the installation is based on the products and services you select, and not based on the cost of the furniture.
- First, the Norix Project Manager will contact you and discuss the specifics about your facility, the details of your project and the furniture you plan to purchase.
- The Project Manager will then prepare a detailed Scope of Work document, outlining the services we will provide.
- Your Customer Care specialist will then provide a quotation for the Factory Authorized Installation, based on the Scope of Work provided.
- Yes, for your convenience, a Factory Authorized Installation can be included in the same purchase orders as the furniture in a seamless transaction.
- Norix holds many state and local furniture contracts, many of which include the provision to include installation services in a contract purchase.