The Staff/Cost Accountant is responsible for performing general ledger and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries, creating and maintaining periodic reporting, maintaining fixed assets, assisting with annual budgeting, inventory valuation reporting and variance analysis, international shipping accounting, implementing standard cost for over-head and labor, purchase price variance analysis and performing life cycle benefit analysis. This individual will work with a cross functional team on a daily basis. The ideal candidate must be a person who is well organized and self-motivated. Critical time management and great attention to detail is a must.
· Assist with Month-end close
· Analyze and prepare monthly journal entries
· Reconcile various general ledger and subsidiary accounts
· Reconcile bank statements
· Handle and track incoming shipments from foreign locations
· Initiate and monitor physical inventory and cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy, investigate variances and resolve issues. Reporting as required.
· Analyze and report production variances. Assist team in determining cause and identifying solutions.
· Update and review cost standards for overheard and labor
· Prepare and analyze cost of goods sold (COGS) and production reports
· Analyze manufacturing operations, equipment availability and utilization
· ; Perform life cycle cost-benefit analysis
· Review accounts carefully for anomalies & inconsistencies
· Monitor work orders especially for inclusion of labor in costing and adjust procedures as necessary
· Maintain Fixed Assets
· Support departmental coverage for vacations
· Perform other related duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field from an accredited college or university.
· 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment
· Excellent analytical skills and experience in creating solutions and improving processes
· Basic understanding of operations, warehousing, order fulfillment, distribution, transportation, etc.
· The ability to collaborate with multi-department team
· Good written and oral communication skills
Job Type: Regular, Full-time, Salary
Location: West Chicago, IL
Hours: 7:30AM to 4:30PM
Reports to: Accounting Manager